Graphics Card Isn't Registering?

TrueHeartless

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Alright, so I moved my computer today from one side of my house to the other, before I had moved it my graphics card was working, and when i plugged everything in on the other side of the house, my graphics card wasn't working.
I realized this, and plugged a monitor into my mobo, and my device manager doesnt even show my graphics card anymore, so i checked it, everything is plugged in nice and firm, and the fan spins. I tried installing the driver again through nvidia with the ZOTAC CD they sent me with my graphics card, and it said it couldn't find compatable hardware.
Can anybody help me?

Remove the graphics card from the PC.
Restart the computer if you have onboard/chip graphics.
Power off the computer
Try an old card if you still have one
If the old card is still working there is nothing wrong with the PCIE slot
try the new card again.
Same issue?
Replace card.

Do you have onboard video if so try the steps I provided? as mentioned try the card in another computer.

trm8r

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
"and plugged a monitor into my mobo" Did you mean video card instead of mobo? If you have onboard/chip graphics, then connect the monitor to the video card.
If you meant video card, try removing the card and cleaning the connections. My case makes it difficult to get the card fully seated and sometimes it will stop working.

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Did you bump the pc or do anything? Sounds strange for you to pick up a pc move it then the gpu just stops working unless its dust..