How often should a laptop battery be replaced?
I've heard that you should replace a laptop battery every two years. I've also heard that it should be replaced once it can't keep a very long charge like it used to. At what point should it be replaced?
As RedHeat points out, there is no time frame but there is a limit to the amount of times it can be recharged. Today's computers with Li-Ion batteries can be recharged 1000 cycles before replacement is recommended/needed. Unfortunately, no one (I know of) is going to count all 100,000 percents of charging needed to know when to replace the battery. The laptop itself, which could easily keep track of that, doesn't (some maunfacturers make attempts at it but so far, they seem to be less than stellar in their accuracy)
How To take care your HP ProBook 6440b laptop battery?
1. Don't modify or disassemble the battery.
2. Don't incinerate or expose battery to excessive heat, which may result in an exposure.
3. Don't expose laptop battery to water or other moist matters.
4. Don't pierce, hit, step on, crush or abuse the battery.
5. Don't left the battery unused for a long time.
6. Don't place battery in device for a long period of time if device is not being used.
7. Don't setting your battery in the high humidity, high temperature, strong vibrative and dusty place.
8. Don't forget to take away your battery from the device if you will not use it for a long time.
9. Don't short circuit of the terminals by keeping your laptop battery pack away from metal objects such as necklaces or hairpins.