AMD FX 8350 VS INTEL i5 3550 VS i5 3570 VS i5 3570K

Which one is the best for multitasking gaming business and multimedia ..??
8 answers Last reply
More about amd 8350 intel 3550 3570 3570k
  1. I'd go with the 3570 or 3570k; the 8350 uses more energy; some of it's lesser quad core amd cpus perform just as well in many benchmarks; if money is a concern, go with the amd 6300 instead.
  2. o1die said:
    I'd go with the 3570 or 3570k; the 8350 uses more energy; some of it's lesser quad core amd cpus perform just as well in many benchmarks; if money is a concern, go with the amd 8320 instead.

    Fixed :D

    I'd say go with the Fx 8350. A good CPU overall for gaming as well as multitasking for under $200.
    You could get the 8320 & overclock it to 4Ghz (or more). Overclocking the Fx CPUs are pretty straight forward.
  3. bartholomew said:
    o1die said:
    I'd go with the 3570 or 3570k; the 8350 uses more energy; some of it's lesser quad core amd cpus perform just as well in many benchmarks; if money is a concern, go with the amd 8320 instead.

    Fixed :D

    I'd say go with the Fx 8350. A good CPU overall for gaming as well as multitasking for under $200.
    You could get the 8320 & overclock it to 4Ghz (or more). Overclocking the Fx CPUs are pretty straight forward.


    How to overclock a AMD FX CPU ??
    I will definitely buy FX 8350
  4. Quote:
    How to overclock a AMD FX CPU ??
    I will definitely buy FX 8350

    These two guides have all the information needed to overclock an FX cpu.
    http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1348623/amd-bulldozer-and-piledriver-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboard#
  5. There would be any problem if I overclock the cpu for a long time ??
  6. SoumyaHD said:
    There would be any problem if I overclock the cpu for a long time ??

    As long your chip is stable & your core temps are under the max recommend temps, you will be fine.
    There are many enthusiasts who run very high overclocks for 24/7 usage.
  7. Why Intel processors are priced high than AMD processors.
  8. SoumyaHD said:
    Which one is the best for multitasking gaming business and multimedia ..??

    Out of those choices definitely the AMD FX-8350. It is superior in Multitasking and Multimedia whilst being more of a tie in Gaming and Business when compared to a 3570K (Gaming due to GPU bottlenecks mostly).

    SoumyaHD said:
    There would be any problem if I overclock the cpu for a long time ??

    Depends on the CPU cooler you'll be using (don't use the Stock cooler if you plan on overclocking) and also depends on the motherboard (get a board with a 8+2 VRM Power Phase if you plan on overclocking an FX-8350).

    SoumyaHD said:
    Why Intel processors are priced high than AMD processors.

    Because Intel is like Gucci (you pay for the name) and their processors do tend to be faster in heavy computational tasks (mostly in single threaded tasks).
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Intel i5 CPUs