Sign in with
Your question

Dead filco majestouch after 1 week

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 19, 2013 4:18:08 AM

Hello guys, My filco majestouch was fine on arrival, but the some of the keys just didnt work after 1 week.

So now i need a replacement. Should I get a majectouch ninja or should i get another brand???
March 19, 2013 4:36:56 AM

I would get an RMA first.
March 19, 2013 4:40:10 AM

manofchalk said:
I would get an RMA first.

For some accursed reason, the RMA just wouldnt go through. And the spacebar squeaks btw.
Related resources
March 19, 2013 4:59:55 AM

Really, from both Filco and the retailer you got it from?

Hmmm...
The Majestouch looks pretty similar to a Ducky DK9008 Shine II (which is what I am using, so completely biased here)so that may be a good option, especially if you want backlight effects.
Maybe a Daas Ultimate if your a bit of an elitist and want a stealth keyboard (which would explain the non lighting Majestouch). Practically a requirement that you can touch type.
March 19, 2013 5:30:33 AM

manofchalk said:
Really, from both Filco and the retailer you got it from?

Hmmm...
The Majestouch looks pretty similar to a Ducky DK9008 Shine II (which is what I am using, so completely biased here)so that may be a good option, especially if you want backlight effects.
Maybe a Daas Ultimate if your a bit of an elitist and want a stealth keyboard (which would explain the non lighting Majestouch). Practically a requirement that you can touch type.

I got mine from newegg, and for some reason, the rma didnt go through.
Is the filco boards on the same quality as the ducky? Ive heard bad things about the ducky and I think filco's build quality is good so Im probably buying another filco. I wont get the das as it has gloss.

So to reiterate, would you recommend a filco to me again? Probably a manufacturing defect. And which one of the filcos are built the best? Or are they all the same? I think I am going for the majestouch 2 ninja as I have sweaty plams which can scratch the top of the key.
March 19, 2013 5:46:48 AM

Cant comment on Filco's build quality, never used one of their keyboards. Iv had no issues with my Ducky, and the thing feels quite solid so I dont think it will break for a long time if at all.
March 19, 2013 5:49:16 AM

manofchalk said:
Cant comment on Filco's build quality, never used one of their keyboards. Iv had no issues with my Ducky, and the thing feels quite solid so I dont think it will break for a long time if at all.

Hmmmm could you check on filco for me? I dont have much experiance in finding faults with keyboards.
March 19, 2013 5:55:57 AM

Cant really check physical qualities of a keyboard without having it in front of you, from what I have heard they are good quality but again, never used one before. Besides, peripherals are very subjective components, what works and appeals to one person can be completely different to another.
If you need help to figure out which to get, this test will give you a rough idea of what would be best for your needs/wants.
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/first_mechanical_keyboa...
March 19, 2013 6:25:17 AM

manofchalk said:
Cant really check physical qualities of a keyboard without having it in front of you, from what I have heard they are good quality but again, never used one before. Besides, peripherals are very subjective components, what works and appeals to one person can be completely different to another.
If you need help to figure out which to get, this test will give you a rough idea of what would be best for your needs/wants.
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/first_mechanical_keyboa...

I dont need sites like those are they generally are crap and do not give me what I am looking for. I couldnt find a filco in my search fields or they do not even have filcos.

The way I search for keyboards is first find a list of keyboards that fits what I need, next, search google for the issues each keyboard has, and then getting the keyboard that has the least issues.

Could you go around and see any notable issues with filcos especially the full sized majestouch? And tell me about it? Thank you for your help. And I am buying it from a local retailer so I can only get filcos no ducky
!