Should we update the drivers once in a while?

There are applications that deal with drive fragmentation and registry cleaning. But I prefer a fresh Windows installation, once in a while. And then it's a good oportunity to look for updated drivers.

Enderegg

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

I'm getting a blue screen once in a while, that was why i asked.. almost an hour reinstalling the drivers xD

Enderegg

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
i don't remember --
and i don't know where it is ( now that i closed the window when i restart the pc )
but i ran a program and it said that the problem was from a nvidia driver, witch is weird since nvidia never gave me problems before :s

Enderegg

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

i have two apps from nvidia about the drivers; and i don't like old ones... i should try, but i don't care that much...

can it break the pc?

Enderegg

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

if it doesn't break the pc, i don' think it's worth it.. an older driver will reduce the performance in games won't it? and i'm playing on a crapy laptop (i3-2310m/gtx520m)
but it plays bf3 xD (low settings (can put then on medium, but on high player maps i get a bit laggy if i do that) and a good frame rate ) =D

If it doesn't bother you, then leave it as it is.
Usually, yes, drivers updates are meant to improve performance, support newer hardware releases and fix older issues. However, sometimes they can create issues for older products.

Enderegg

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

sadly brought me problems... but is just restart the pc.. i wont die by losing 3 min of my life =D