660 ti 2x sli or gtx 670 single gpu

i'm purchasing my graphics card this weekend... hopefully, ive got around £300+/- to start with so i was thinking of buying 1 gtx 660ti and then upgrading with another as soon as i can or just buying a 670 like the msi twin frozr OC.

i will be playing on a 32" television 1080p

the rest of my set up should be in my signature if this helps

i will also be using cryengine 3

and playing games like dayZ, BF3, sim city (if its patched), ARMA3 etc.

can any one help me narrow down the best option please.
2 answers Last reply
More about 660 sli gtx 670 single gpu
  1. The performance gap between the two is actually pretty big, and the 660ti cant overclock its way out of its 192bit memory bus. I'd say if you already have a motherboard and PSU capable, and are sure you'll have the funds to do to it when the time comes (rather than planning ahead and not bothering, leaving you with a weaker setup), then it might be a better idea.

This may help, they're refirbished but the price is ridiculous. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-019-KF&groupid=595&catid=683
  2. cookybiscuit said:
    The performance gap between the two is actually pretty big, and the 660ti cant overclock its way out of its 192bit memory bus. I'd say if you already have a motherboard and PSU capable, and are sure you'll have the funds to do to it when the time comes (rather than planning ahead and not bothering, leaving you with a weaker setup), then it might be a better idea.

This may help, they're refirbished but the price is ridiculous. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-019-KF&groupid=595&catid=683

thanks for the reply, i completely forgot about the bus i think i should take it into consideration. i think the option of buying a 670 and then eventually buying another one down the line may be a better option what do you think i will have the money to do that but for now 1 670 would be sufficient.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx GPUs Graphics Cards SLI Gnu Graphics