Sign in with
Your question

660 ti 2x sli or gtx 670 single gpu

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 19, 2013 11:35:24 AM

i'm purchasing my graphics card this weekend... hopefully, ive got around £300+/- to start with so i was thinking of buying 1 gtx 660ti and then upgrading with another as soon as i can or just buying a 670 like the msi twin frozr OC.

i will be playing on a 32" television 1080p

the rest of my set up should be in my signature if this helps

i will also be using cryengine 3

and playing games like dayZ, BF3, sim city (if its patched), ARMA3 etc.

can any one help me narrow down the best option please.

a b U Graphics card
March 19, 2013 11:44:23 AM

The performance gap between the two is actually pretty big, and the 660ti cant overclock its way out of its 192bit memory bus. I'd say if you already have a motherboard and PSU capable, and are sure you'll have the funds to do to it when the time comes (rather than planning ahead and not bothering, leaving you with a weaker setup), then it might be a better idea.

This may help, they're refirbished but the price is ridiculous. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG...
March 19, 2013 1:17:41 PM

cookybiscuit said:
The performance gap between the two is actually pretty big, and the 660ti cant overclock its way out of its 192bit memory bus. I'd say if you already have a motherboard and PSU capable, and are sure you'll have the funds to do to it when the time comes (rather than planning ahead and not bothering, leaving you with a weaker setup), then it might be a better idea.

This may help, they're refirbished but the price is ridiculous. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG...

thanks for the reply, i completely forgot about the bus i think i should take it into consideration. i think the option of buying a 670 and then eventually buying another one down the line may be a better option what do you think i will have the money to do that but for now 1 670 would be sufficient.
!