Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H not detecting GPU

bouma1874

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Hello all, Was looking for some help as im stumped and not understanding fully alot of what has been said in similar topics. Basicalliy, i brought a used Asus Radeon HD 6870 today and my machine just is not detecting it. The GPU was tested in front of my eyes at a PC shop so thats working (on a machine with a lesser PSU than what i've got). My old graphics still worked fine in the PCI-E X16 slot iv put the HD 6870 into so the slots fine. Iv tried moving the GPU to the PCI-E X8 slot but still not detecting it. All cables are the same and working as when i plug the VGA direct to the motherboard i get a display. Iv reset the BIOS, and installed the lates BETA BIOS for the motherboard...still nothing. All connection from the PSU are correct and no warning light display on the GPU to indicate its all powered up correctly and It's 'clicked' into the PCI Slot. Does anybody know whether theres a BIOS tweak or that the motherboard and GPU are incompatible?

Id really love to get this working as i got the GPU at a steal of a price and has probably saved me £100 or more. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance of any ideas/advice/suggestions

System
CPU: intel i7 3770k 3.5Hz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
Ram: 8gb Patriot
PSU: 600 watts (cant remember the manufacturer)
SSD: Kingston 120Gb
GPU: Asus Radeon HD 6870 (hopefully)

BerylLee

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Try something below ..
- update your motherboard bios firstly.
- check one option "PCI Rom Priority" somewhere in bios setup .. set it to legacy rom.

bouma1874

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Thx for the reply ;) ! I think iv updated the bios (if that's means goin the gigabyte site and downloadin/running the latest .exe's), and iv set the input to 'PEG' instead of auto and still no signal. I plug it back into the motherboard VGA n it seems to just reset itself to auto anyway but I'm yet to see if 'legacy' rom will do the trick

Cheers agsin

denuo

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Did you ever manage to resolve your problem? I'm having simillar issues with my HD6850 in my new GA-Z77X-UD3H

amarsters

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013

Has anyone worked this out I have same issue also... starting to think this is the board of evil