What is the benefit of playing game at 1920X1080?

fahad619

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Guys,i have a RES. about 1368X768.a frnd of me is doing fun on me cause he is saying that very soon i will have a powerful gpu but don't have a decent RES.monitor so i can't utilize it well.can u tell me what is the advantage of it?What i find out that it's have a bigger screen.This RES. have become standard of testing games.Thanksssssssss

iplikator3333

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

It will look better and sharper on a higher resolution

It's not just about looks. Simple version is this: Your screen resolution directly determines how many pixels your GPU has to render when playing a game. Low resolutions means the GPU has less work to do. This is why on game reviews, if they want to test the CPU load, they set the game resolution as low as possible to shift the work towards the CPU and away from the GPU.

If you buy a very powerful GPU but play at low resolutions, most of the time the GPU will have nothing to do. It actually needs a higher resolution so that it can stretch its legs a bit, so to speak. Thus, any money you spend on a GPU upgrade in a case like this will be wasted. You won't notice any difference in performance.