New Build Adive Please! Haswell? nVidia Titan? So many choices!

Hello. I built a great PC last year (my maiden voyage!) and I am itching to do it again. I got so much wonderful feedback from you fine folks and I am looking for the same with this new build.

I am a 1080p, single monitor (for now) mid-range gamer and the rig would essentially be geared towards this. I also work a lot on my computer, so small to mid-sized file transfering needs to be efficient. I do not do any rendering/CADS or any of that.

Currently I am looking at the following:

Intel Core i5-3570K *

Asus SABERTOOTH Z77

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Quad Channel Kit

2x WESTERN DIGITAL - 300GB VELOCIRAPTOR SATA 10000RPM 32MB 6GB/S

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SATA3 6GB/s 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD), Read: 560MB/s, Write: 510MB/s

Antec HCP-850 High Current Pro 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified Power Supply

Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme

BitFenix Shinobi XL Black Window Side Panel ATX Full Tower

I am wondering the following:

1. How does it look thus far?

2. *Should I wait for the Haswell to be released in June? I hear Ivybridge runs very hot, so I have decided to stay away from it. I hear the i5-3570K is very good but will Haswell be worth the wait?

3. GPU! I curently have the GTX680, which is fab, but for this new build I was thinking the new Titan...however some friends have recommended against nVidia and suggested I go for the 7970...What do YOU think?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about build adive haswell nvidia titan choices
  1. Go for 680 the performance of this card is better than 7970
    You will be able to play any game on ultra settings
    The has-well have only one good feature that it is with HD 4600 graphics which u will not be using as u will have a dedicated graphics card
    Rest i53570K is the best processor for gaming
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems