Best cooling compound out there?

lionheart2243

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I know, there's no exact answer. But I wanted to hear people's opinions on what the best thermal paste/compound/whatever is out there to go between my i5 3570k and Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Using the Cooler Master stock paste, I currently have it running at 4.3ghz with auto voltage (messing with voltages tomorrow, ran out of time before work) and it is getting up to 75C. I was hoping to keep it under 70C to begin with but it was around that at a mere 4.0ghz. After doing some further research, I'm fairly certain that my application of the stock cooling compound was an epic fail (I removed the EVO and put it back on several times to fix a buzzing sound and did not reapply paste). I figure, with the compounds being a dirt-cheap method to save a few degrees, why not get the best?

But I digress, what cooling compounds have given people the best results? Also, what method do you use to apply it with that specific compound? I imagine that with varying thickness can come varying application methods.

G

arctic silver 5 is the best thermal compound out there, pick it up at radioshack or a store like that near you. in terms of how to apply it (line vs dots) check the arctic silver website, they break it down by family of cpu
http://www.arcticsilver.com/methods.html