Sign in with
Your question

problem with temperature on amd fx8350

Last response: in CPUs
March 19, 2013 6:21:32 PM

Please can some1 tell me is that normal temperature for vcore1 like 60c~ and vcore2 like 59c~ cpu is like around 54~ and my MB is like 50c~ on evry thing on the MB its like litle bit hot can u guys tell me is that normal or ? i have aftermarket cooler hyper 412s and i have asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 can u please help me ... i bought pc 1 week ago ...
a c 127 À AMD
a c 311 à CPUs
March 19, 2013 8:34:47 PM

What are you reading your temps with? Is that idle or stressed temps? Idle: too hot. Stressed: OK, but warmer than it should be. The MB temp is warmer than it should be too. What case is this in? Pre-built or self-built? If pre-built what make/model?
a b À AMD
a c 174 à CPUs
March 19, 2013 9:20:10 PM

With an aftermarket cooler the cpu shouldnt reach those temps if their idle. and a board like the sabertooth should not either. how much airflow is everything getting as what case do you have?

Also does the air in the case, near the board feel warm? could be the thermal radar readouts are faulty
Related resources
March 20, 2013 3:47:28 AM

clutchc said:
What are you reading your temps with? Is that idle or stressed temps? Idle: too hot. Stressed: OK, but warmer than it should be. The MB temp is warmer than it should be too. What case is this in? Pre-built or self-built? If pre-built what make/model?

btw tnx for answering. those temperatures are stressed yes and they are like.
Idle they are like 34c~ cpu.vcore1-2 they are like 40-41c~ mb 37c~.
Stresed temp's are like 50c~ cpu. vcore1-2 59-60c~ and mb 50c~

i made this build its not premade
procesor:Amd FX8350 stock speed's
MB:Asus sabertooth 990Fx
RAM:2x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast on 1866
Power Supply Thermaltake 630 +80 silverstandard.
GPU:Msi gtx 660ti oc power edition
my case is Thermaltake SHARK VA7000BWA https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS...
and btw i am reading temp with AI suit 2 and with hwmonitor.
March 20, 2013 3:55:57 AM

lazyboy947 said:
With an aftermarket cooler the cpu shouldnt reach those temps if their idle. and a board like the sabertooth should not either. how much airflow is everything getting as what case do you have?

Also does the air in the case, near the board feel warm? could be the thermal radar readouts are faulty

Well i touched those brown thingy dont know the name of it and its prety hot on the left side of procesor http://i45.tinypic.com/30kyrd2.jpg and i think airflow is hot but still how can those temperatures goes like that i mean what i saw more my graphic is going like 70c~ ....
a c 127 À AMD
a c 311 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:31:19 AM

Those brown thingy is a heat sync for the VRs. It will normally be quite warm when in use. Not unusual.

The 50C - 60C core temps at stressed is warm but about as expected for the little stock cooler that comes with the 8350. I thought you had an aftermarket cooler. Your gfx card temp is also within safe limits. Most modern gfx cards can reach high 80Cs and still be OK.

The MB temp of 50C+ is safe, but it seems it is not getting enough air flow. Does that case have a top vent in it? A solid top case will cause warm air to accumulate near the top of the case if air flow is lacking. How many fans and where are they.

All in all, you really don't have any over temp issues to worry about. It's just that there is room for improvement.
a b À AMD
a c 210 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:59:56 AM

If you have an aftermarket cooler, did you use good thermal paste? As ClutchC said, if you haven't invested in an extra case fan, you may want to look into that...your case needs to breathe more too it sounds like.
a b à CPUs
March 20, 2013 8:19:59 AM

clutchc said:
All in all, you really don't have any over temp issues to worry about. It's just that there is room for improvement.
Agreed.
Post a screenshot of HWmonitor when under load.

March 20, 2013 11:55:57 AM

well i just remove the side of the stupid case and evryting is good now the temps are down for like 10-15c~ lol btw tnx for answering guys realy nice from you and yeah case is problem the ariflow in the case is bad that's was the problem :) 
a b À AMD
a c 174 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 2:00:57 PM

U going to get a new case? or just continue to run without the side panel?
a c 127 À AMD
a c 311 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 3:23:32 PM

Just looking at that case on Newegg, it appears to be a poor design for air flow; PSU on top with what appears to be a divider between sections. One intake and one exhaust fan. No place to add a case fan. It doesn't appear that the side panel will accept a fan either. If you don't want to change cases, I would get an after-market cooler to help keep CPU temps down and look into a cooling solution for the MB too.
March 20, 2013 5:58:50 PM

lazyboy947 said:
U going to get a new case? or just continue to run without the side panel?

well i am going to get new one for sure :) 
March 20, 2013 6:01:12 PM

clutchc said:
Just looking at that case on Newegg, it appears to be a poor design for air flow; PSU on top with what appears to be a divider between sections. One intake and one exhaust fan. No place to add a case fan. It doesn't appear that the side panel will accept a fan either. If you don't want to change cases, I would get an after-market cooler to help keep CPU temps down and look into a cooling solution for the MB too.

Going to buy one for sure but any help with that can u suggest me one ? :)  dont want to stay with this one anymore.
a b À AMD
a c 174 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 6:03:41 PM

whats ur budget?
March 20, 2013 6:52:43 PM

lazyboy947 said:
whats ur budget?

well dont know around 100e or somting.
a b À AMD
a c 174 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 6:59:48 PM

My thermaltake element g has nice airflow, newgg has the element v nvidia edition on sale, i like the zalman z11 plus, most cases with quality builds and have a side panel fan and with some 200mm fans lol The Antec Lanboy with all 17 fans has great airflow and is suppose to not get any dust in the case lol

The Cooler Master storm series has some pretty good cases like the enforcer, stryker, trooper, sniper, scout. My bro in law has the thermaltake Chasar MK-I with the two added 200mm totaling to 4 200mm fans plus the 140mm exhaust fans lol great air flow. That case moves a lot of air with the fans on high and with the 2 added bit fenix spectre pro 200mm fans is amazing lol

Also my bro in laws other pc with the sabertooth R1 and 8150 seems to have okay airflow for being a Raidmax serian case but it uses stock cooling so hard to tell but the stock cooler in that case did similar to ur aftermarket cooler in a diff case lol
March 20, 2013 7:03:33 PM

lazyboy947 said:
My thermaltake element g has nice airflow, newgg has the element v nvidia edition on sale, i like the zalman z11 plus, most cases with quality builds and have a side panel fan and with some 200mm fans lol The Antec Lanboy with all 17 fans has great airflow and is suppose to not get any dust in the case lol

The Cooler Master storm series has some pretty good cases like the enforcer, stryker, trooper, sniper, scout. My bro in law has the thermaltake Chasar MK-I with the two added 200mm totaling to 4 200mm fans plus the 140mm exhaust fans lol great air flow. That case moves a lot of air with the fans on high and with the 2 added bit fenix spectre pro 200mm fans is amazing lol

Also my bro in laws other pc with the sabertooth R1 and 8150 seems to have okay airflow for being a Raidmax serian case but it uses stock cooling so hard to tell but the stock cooler in that case did similar to ur aftermarket cooler in a diff case lol

well your bro have better case i hade case with 0 airflow :)  even without side pannel i dont have that airflow that i can with cooler so :)  now its 50c on load so its good :)  going for bigger case for sure and with good cooling sistem btw i am from serbia in here we dont have paypal :(  :(  :(  this country is so bad at evryting ....

a c 127 À AMD
a c 311 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:09:46 PM

kgb_b0g1 said:
lazyboy947 said:
whats ur budget?

According to my currency calculator, that would be around $128 USD. Where do you shop online? Can you buy from Amazon UK?
a b À AMD
a c 174 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:10:19 PM

well minimum requirement for decent airflow i would say a front, rear, and side panel fan of at least 120mm each a top fan isnt bad either, the more fans the better but not if there small then there just noisy
March 20, 2013 7:11:56 PM

lazyboy947 said:
well minimum requirement for decent airflow i would say a front, rear, and side panel fan of at least 120mm each a top fan isnt bad either, the more fans the better but not if there small then there just noisy

well i dont care about noise i mean i do but not that much with those i think that thermaltake coolers not going to put alot noise i guess.
March 20, 2013 7:19:15 PM

clutchc said:
kgb_b0g1 said:
lazyboy947 said:
whats ur budget?

According to my currency calculator, that would be around $128 USD. Where do you shop online? Can you buy from Amazon UK?

no i cant shop noting online that is not in my country only in my country so i have to like only that near by me that means in my city where i live the good thing is that there is a lot of shop that i can buy good cases for almost simmiliar price that is on newegg :) 
a c 127 À AMD
a c 311 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:19:16 PM

If you get a case that provides good air flow, your stock cooler will be enough unless you O/C.
a c 127 À AMD
a c 311 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:27:23 PM

I just picked up this case from Newegg for $110 USD w/free shipping. If you can find it locally for a similar price, it would make a good replacement for the one you have now. All steel, good airflow, plenty of room for more fans, roomy. It comes in black and army green too.
http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/vengeance-series-gam...

Whatever case you decide on, get one with the PSU mounted on the bottom and one that has a vented top.
a b À AMD
a c 174 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:29:25 PM

I have the stock cooler on a 8150, he has a cooler master hyper 412 on a 8350
March 20, 2013 7:30:36 PM

clutchc said:
If you get a case that provides good air flow, your stock cooler will be enough unless you O/C.

well i guess so but i dont have stock cooler :)  i have cooler master hyper 412s
a c 127 À AMD
a c 311 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:32:36 PM

My bad. Getting confused on who has which. Long day...
March 20, 2013 7:34:51 PM

clutchc said:
I just picked up this case from Newegg for $110 USD w/free shipping. If you can find it locally for a similar price, it would make a good replacement for the one you have now. All steel, good airflow, plenty of room for more fans, roomy. It comes in black and army green too.

Whatever case you decide on, get one with the PSU mounted on the bottom and one that has a vented top.

Nice one but what u think abaout this one Thermaltake Armor REVO Full Tower ? i like this one much more i like thermaltake :) 
a c 127 À AMD
a c 311 à CPUs
March 20, 2013 7:41:25 PM

kgb_b0g1 said:
clutchc said:

Nice one but what u think abaout this one Thermaltake Armor REVO Full Tower ? i like this one much more i like thermaltake :) 

Not exactly my taste in appearance ;)  but it looks like it has everything we were talking about. Plenty of wire management room behind the MB tray (something I always look for). Good fan support. roomy. But here in the US, it's a $180 USD case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
March 20, 2013 7:43:43 PM

clutchc said:
kgb_b0g1 said:
clutchc said:

Not exactly my taste in appearance ;)  but it looks like it has everything we were talking about. Plenty of wire management room behind the MB tray (something I always look for). Good fan support. roomy. But here in the US, it's a $180 USD case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Here in serbia is like 130e so i will give that 30e more for good case i dont want save that 30e for good case :)  i gues it is :) 
!