Stick with old monitor or upgrade?

Thundertak

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Hi,
Looking for a answer to a question I have. So I will try and explain the best I can with what I currently have. I built my system back in 2006-07 and now building a new one, the only component I am considering reusing may be the monitor, but I would like a second or in this case as many opinions as possible. I have a HP2408h LCD 1900x1200 1000:1 contrast ratio and 400cd/m2 brightness 5ms response time, 60 Hz refresh rate, that I have no issue with running with my Nivdia geforce 9800gt, core 2 6300, but those two components are just background info, I will not be using them, my new setup will be a i5 2500k GTX 670. Now to the question at hand, do I keep this monitor with no known issues or upgrade to a newer one? If I do keep it, will I see a difference in picture quality?
And uses for my computer is to casual game, mmo's, assassins creed, but not that heavy into first person shooter games. Oh and if I upgrade and someone suggests that I do, I would like a 27" led 120hz at say $250 on sale... no more than 300 I suppose, but that goes to say if I need a new one, "wants" are one thing, need is another.
What do you guys think or suggest?

I'm no monitor expert but I would suggest you try your current monitor on your new build and run the games you mentioned. If you are not pleased with the resolution and/or performance of the monitor on the new build then you should consider a new one. Someone with more knowledge about monitors may be able to help you with a recommendation (I'm still using the old HANNspree that I've had for years).