• GPUs
  • Power Supplies
  • Crash
  • CPUs
  • Shutdown
  • Components
Last response: in Components
March 19, 2013 6:53:02 PM

I know this question has been asked dozens of times, but I just can't get a correct answer to my issue. Basically, when I'm playing a PC game my screen turns black and I have sound for a few seconds then it stops and my GPU fans get really loud. 9 times out of 10 it's when I'm playing, but the last time it happened I was on my computer for about 15 minutes just on the internet then as soon as I opened the login screen to World of Warcraft it did it again. My temperatures are normal in the mid 40s.

Specs:
-GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB
-Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz
-ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
-Diablotek UL Series PSUL775 775W ATX 12V v2.31 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

It was doing the same thing a few months ago and this may be a coincidence, but right after I used some compressed air on the bottom of the PSU it stopped. Then it began again today 2 months later. Someone please help, I'm desperate.

More about : screen turns black gpu fans loud

a b ) Power supply
a c 103 à CPUs
March 19, 2013 8:46:02 PM

do you have another psu you could use for test ?
March 19, 2013 8:50:48 PM

scout_03 said:
do you have another psu you could use for test ?

Not currently, but I was thinking about going out to get one tomorrow, but my problem is that this happens constantly then stops and I have no idea if it is fixed or not. It could be 2 months from now before it happens again, but once it happens it stays for a while then goes away, so it's hard for me to test the hardware like that.
a b ) Power supply
a c 103 à CPUs
March 19, 2013 8:55:09 PM

that psu is still under warranty ask for rma there is something that made it cut power inside .
!