First Time Motherboard Swap-

FranklyBlackk

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Hello Community,

I come to YOU for help in any way possible. I've gone through a week long headache with HP and here I stand, alone and still broken.
Quick Back Story: My processor fried in my computer. Instead of getting the original motherboard, I opted to go and by a different one. The original one had bios issues following an update in the past. Below I'll list my specs to better assist everyone. So, I installed the new motherboard + processor + heatsink + fan. I turn the computer on and it begins loading into Windows. In a flash a BSOD pops up and the computer restarts. I've looked into this and people have said I need to reinstall Windows. Problem is, Windows was installed on my computer upon purchase. I call HP and explain my situation, and they tell me I need the recovery disks, even if its not the same motherboard. I ordered the disks, started the steps and it DIDN'T work. I contact HP again and now they tell me it won't work with the new motherboard. They conned me out of $30 and now I'm stuck with nowhere to go. So ANY assistance and/or guidance would be INCREDIBLE!! I've never installed new hardware, but I'm not computer illiterate. So don't be shy-

Computer Specs:
Hewlett Packard p6210y
Prod# NY535AA#ABA
Windows 7 64-bit (x86)
Original Motherboard:M2N78-LA
PN: 513430-002
Replacement Motherboard: A880GZ
*As stated Windows 7 came installed out the box, I have the Windos tag + info on the tower. I also have the 'suggested recovery disks' HP told me to buy before they told me it won't work.

Any/All information would be HUGELY appreciated. Thank You!

-Bobby

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986

The OEM version is a license for a single motherboard that Microsoft normally won't allow to be transferred to another motherboard.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116716

The non-OEM version is called the Retail version can be reused on a different motherboard but only on one motherboard at a time. It contains both 32 and 64-bit DVD versions. You'll notice it costs more to buy than the OEM version.

You may find cheaper prices if you shop around.

Your old hardware was a NVIDIA GeForce 8200 chipset that is much different than the new hardware. You will need to reinstall the operating system.

FranklyBlackk

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

Three Part Question:

• Could I purchase Windows 8 Pro from that seller instead of purchasing Win7-64 bit?
    ■I read somewhere Micorsoft could reactivate my current Windows Info that was installed on my original motherboard. Is this true? And if so, does this roll over to a new motherboard? If so, how can I acquire a disk that would work with this option?
    If I'm installing Windows again, do I have to reformat my drive? I'd prefer to just do a stock recovery; A clean start. What a recovery disk would have done-

Any/All assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.