Another dead motherboard 2 days in a row too much money spent

Zalastair Clark

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
well i recently posted that my dell xps 9100 has died. wont bring up video or boot whatsoever no bios ANYTHING. this happened while i was overclocking my 6870 and i thought it was my psu so i changed it out to a bigger one with no luck. i considered it to be my graphics card so i switched it out with the old one. no luck again. tried resetting cmos again no lucjk. so i gave up and tried again in the morning with no luck.
Today i went and bought a gigabyte ga-x79-up4 motherboard and a i7 3820 processor. this is all in an nzxt phantom case. Got everything in there put my bigger power supply in the new case went to boot it up with the 6870. and booted but no video or bios post screen ANYTHING. just like the dell studio. tried switching the graphics card out and no luck. but if i unhook the graphics card or take out ram. it will beep to the corresponding problem. this is on either computer. if i take the video card out it beeps 6 times in the dell which is no video. and 1 long and 3 short in the gigabyte. so the motherboards seem to be reacting to this?
Anyone have any ideas im at a loss right now and almost $1000 in with no computer

I would take the board outside the case, install only one RAM stick, the HD 6870, connect the 2 PCie power cables to the 6870, DVD drive, keyboard and mouse.
Start the board.
If still the same, then I would test the 6870 in a different PC. A faulty PCIe slot in the Dell might have damaged the graphics card.

Zalastair Clark

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

well i also have an extra hd 5770 around and i tried sticking that in with no luck aswell. i havent removed the mobo from the case yet. as this whole computer should still have a direct replacement warranty on it im just going to bring it back to where i bought it from and pay them for diagnostics. my dell xps 9100 is currently stuck in the exact same state. i just dont understand. if the motherboard was dead would it still beep for no video card or ram, so on and so forth?