Building my First low-mid range gaming computer

NooBish AbbZ

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Hi there :)
I'm looking to build a computer within the next few weeks. I think i've chosen most of my components although I'm not decided yet, I just have a few questions that may seem stupid. I'm using my dads old PC case as he doesnt use it anymore, what size screws will I need for the motherboard? and where can I get the brass seperators from?

Here are the parts i've chosen so far

Here are pictures of the inside of the case. Am I right in thinking the spot under number 2 is for a HDD/SSD? and am I again right in assuming that I could remove the floppy and use that spot for an SSD? It's not as wide as the two disc trays on top so i thought it may be a 2.5" drive

external front panel
Internal front panel
Thanks :) and apologies for making you have to click on the links; it wouldn't let me post as an image as apparently I'm not a confirmed member?

sully5981

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2012
You know, I have built about 6-7 computers and have never bought screws for the mother board. They either come with the mother board of the case or I just reuse them from something else.

SSDs are 2.5 which would fit right next to number 3 (you have two open spots for them)

Screws? Separators?
You should already have those either inside your mobo or in your case delivery package. (mobo for your case)
You can also use screws and separators from any old system.
How about from your dad's old system? you get the case...it must be some screws and separators somewhere...

For SSD..
It should fit in nr. 3, I guess..you can also get some adapter to fit your 2.5" SSD to 3.5" HDD tray if you want...it will cost you about only about 10 bucks...
No problem here.

NooBish AbbZ

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Thats what I planned to do, but i have no idea where my dads put the screws from when he took the old system out; again, not sure why he did this but oh well.
So i can fit an SSD and a HDD in slot 3 and below it, awesome :)

On the inside of the case there are what can only be described as nipples which are lined up with 2 brass seperators which are towards the bottom of the case. Are these the other places to screw my motherboard into?

And i may just buy a new case; it'd probably be a lot simpler :p

Just wait until you get your mobo before spending more money, perhaps those screws are inside the mobo box.
I forgot where did I got those screws and separator...but I am sure that they came either from case or from mobo..

NooBish AbbZ

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I've had a quick look on ebay and you can screws for a few £ :)

Also, been onto the Scan website and found 'Today's Deals' page. Would it be better to wait until i'm ready to buy everything at once? Or to grab stuff a bit cheaper if the opportunity arises?