I need help choosing a dual monitor setup

theSWBFman

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I've decided on a gaming pc build and i'm planning on having a dual monitor setup but I don't know what to choose. One of them needs to have a 2 or lower ms refresh rate and the other can have a 5 ms refresh rate. Il mainly be using the first one for gaming and some 3d rendering. The second one will be for watching videos, movies or for background renders and downloads while gaming on the 2ms monitor. I know nothing about monitors except they have to be 23inches or up, 16:9, 1920x1080. I also want to try to keep my budget less than 200$ per monitor. Btw, the 5ms one needs better color and viewing angles. I also want them to match so 1 dosent look out of place in my setup.

Build:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KNgP

I know i chose 2 monitors allready but those are random cheap ones that i found on pcpartpickers listings.
Thanks in advance if you reply!

Btw, il be using a vapor-x 7970 ghz and i will not be overclocking.

theSWBFman

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Thanks for the response, I've seen the VX238H, the VH238H and the VH236H. Which one of those would you recommend more?

And the Acer monitor that you sent seems to have better specs as it is LED backlit and the cd/m2 ACM is 100,000,000:1 which I have no idea what it means. Would you recommend that or the Asus monitor?

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
The VH236H has horrible viewing angles, even for a non-IPS monitor, so definitely not that one.
Either of the other two should do fine for your gaming monitor.

The VX238H doesn't have DVI but has 2 HDMI and a VGA
The VH238H has 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 1 VGA
The VX238H should in theory have a better contrast ratio, meaning the blacks should be blacker and the whites should be whiter.
The VX238H has a slightly faster response time, though at 1ms and 2ms it isn't much of an issue.

I would probably go for the VH238H, but that's simply because I don't like using HDMI on my computer/monitors. The VX238H seems the better choice.

As to the second monitor, contrast ratio is a tough thing to compare as there is no set standard for manufacturers for measurement (to my knowledge). I has actually looked at the Acer myself due to the thin bezel and was primed to buy until I realized it was not VESA compatible. This was a key feature I needed and knocked the Acer IPS displays off my list. However, if this is not a requirement for you, I'd say go with the Acer.