Sign in with
Your question

What is the minimum power supply needed for a Radeon HD 7750 Sapphire 1GB GDDR5

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 20, 2013 1:56:55 PM

Im looking on upgrading my graphics card and I was wondering if anyone knew what power supply I needed to use this one, I currently have a small power supply (250W) so im assuming I will have to upgrade that aswell, so if you knew a good power supply to buy that would also be helpful(looking on spending as little money to use the 7750) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
March 20, 2013 2:26:28 PM

Lol, yeah, you'll certainly need to upgrade. The graphics card alone would eat up about half your power.

What kind of budget are you thinking? I would recommend 550W minimum, 600W preferred, or 750W if you plan on upgrading or want a lot of headroom. You'll want to get a good brand, too. The PSU is basically the most important component if you want a stable system.

Link

Personally, I use the older PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750W. Excellent quality and overhead (Tested at 900W). I'm only using about 300W of it, but I like having the headroom.
March 21, 2013 9:24:29 AM

Thanks for the reply, I think I will go with the 650W corsair that you reccomended.
Jonathanese said:

Lol, yeah, you'll certainly need to upgrade. The graphics card alone would eat up about half your power.

What kind of budget are you thinking? I would recommend 550W minimum, 600W preferred, or 750W if you plan on upgrading or want a lot of headroom. You'll want to get a good brand, too. The PSU is basically the most important component if you want a stable system.

Link

Personally, I use the older PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750W. Excellent quality and overhead (Tested at 900W). I'm only using about 300W of it, but I like having the headroom.

Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a c 178 U Graphics card
March 21, 2013 9:34:13 AM

Jonathanese said:

Link

looooooooooooool :lol:  hd 7750 just consumes 43w dude

a b ) Power supply
a c 178 U Graphics card
March 21, 2013 9:35:26 AM

@ op get corsair cxv2 430w as it is enough and this psu can handle upto hd 7850 easily.
March 21, 2013 11:08:23 AM

If your present psu is merely 250 watts, then for sure its going to make your system unstable and prone to hazards(burning of capacitors on your mobo) if you get a 7750 running on it...
I am kinda 90% sure that your psu is of local quality and cheap build...
So even if the 7750 consumes a mere 43 watts, a local psu with a low ampere rating on the 12 v rail can bust your gpu...(you dont want that ...do you??)

so i'd say that the best option for you is to get a branded (corsair,antec,etc) 400w PSU with more than 20 amps on the +12 v rail....
If you are going to upgrade your gpu again any time soon, get a 650+ psu...
But for a 7750 it would be nothing but a huuuuuuuge overkill..!!!
Best of luck..
August 23, 2013 12:09:44 AM

I Run HD7750 on a 250w power supply.

The res of the system is i3 with 4 gigs of ram and old 160gig hard drive.

Though it is a 12volts only power supply with a specific mainboard, which then transforms curent to 5v where needed. HDD feedds from the mainboard, not the psu.
!