comp starts up for 15 seconds, shuts off, turns back for 15 seconds, repeat.

please help!!!

i thought the video card was the problem, just bought a new one and it still does the same. also the speaker on my chassis is broke so i get no beep command.

my specs are:
motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
ram - corsair xms 3 (3 sticks, 2g a piece)
GPU - EVGA GeForce 650 ti 1g
CPU - sandy bridge i7 3.2ghz duo quad core
power supply - 700w rosewill
HDD - 1t seagate

please help if you can!!
3 answers Last reply
More about comp starts seconds shuts turns back seconds repeat
  1. tried switchin my ram sticks... that didnt work..
  2. Hi,
    During the 15 seconds, does it POST?
  3. I had the problem that my computer would boot up and then start the operating system and then reboot again. It would repeat this with the op system staying on for a shorter and shorter time until it would just keep rebooting. I assumed it was overheating and redid the thermal compound, which didn't fix it, then I replaced the power supply..., and then the motherboard and processor, and then the memory. When I got to the point that I had replaced everything but the case, I finally got smart, and pulled the reset wires off the mobo. That fixed the problem. I measured the open resistance of the reset switch and it was 2K ohms. Since I already had a new motherboard and processor and memory and power supply, I just left the reset wires off and $500 later had a nice new computer in my old case.

My first advice when seeing a computer continuously rebooting is going to be to pull off the reset wires, and check the open resistance of the reset button. IF that doesn't fix it, check the open and closed resistance of the power switch. Only then start screwing with the expensive parts.
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklistThis checklist is a compilation of troubleshooting ideas from many forum members. It's very important to actually perform every step in the checklist if you want to effectively... Read More
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards