Radeon HD 7670 crashing in 3D games

Baraggan

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Before I get this replaced, I want to make sure the card is the problem and not something else. I've noticed when playing 3D games that blurs and similar graphical effects cause my entire display to die, going to a black screen with looping audio that requires manual shutdown. Often before I press a key on my keyboard other background sounds, like foobar or a video, will still be playing normally. This PC has only been used for a few months now, but the problem has existed since day 1, so I doubt it's a dust issue. I've checked the drivers and they are all up to date and operating normally under most circumstances. I have a 600 watt power supply, and according to several monitors I'm not overclocking the card nor is there any overheating. The fact that I've had the display driver crash while playing basic games like Recettear makes me almost positive my card is faulty, but I've not been able to find any similar problems online and I'd like to try everything before I get a new graphics card. Any help?

You did not list the hardware...
BUT if the audio loops, like I said many times before, the memory is plugged into the wrong slots, or the motherboard is defective. You MUST solve the audio looping. It's a sign of a deeper problem.
It's TOO easy to blame the video card, for an actual defective motherboard.
Face up to the fact and change the board.