Help with my new SSD Please simple question

Itzstash

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
Hello, so basically i bought a samsung SSD 840 series 120GB today and have it installed, all i wanted to do was download Path of exile on my SSD to increase Load times in game, How do i do this? I downloaded the Data Migration software but it doesn't give me a option to Move just POE or certain programs, does anyone have any advice on how i can do this? I have no clue on how to even Install something on the SSD

Itzstash

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
So now i'm just trying to copy everything on SSD but im 55 GB over capacity for full copy, the program samsung data migration says select Unneeded media files to exclude from cloning, even after i select all thats still not enough, why or how am i not able to just Unselect certain programs from being copyed? please help...........

popatim

Titan
because programs install and media doesn't... programs write information to the registry, like the exact location of their files and if you move them then they dont work because the registry points to the wrong place. Media files don't install and therefore you can move them around all you want but its on you to remember where you put them. (Although windows can and will find them if you want it to but this slows your system down)

So Yes to migrate everything on your HDD to the SD; whats on the HDD has to actually be small enough to fit on the SSD. Pictures, movies, music, temp files, backups, docs, help files and the like can all be left on the HDD. Delete tempory firles, temp internet files, empty the recycle bin. In your email program, if you use one, delete any sent emails you dont need saved, delete the contents of the deleted and junk email folders. lastly uninstall programs you dont use anymore followed by programs you can easily reinstall... until you get to a small enough space to migrate to the ssd.