GT 640m
750GB HDD
4GB RAM

Acer Aspire v3-571(860$):
Intel i7 3632QM
GT 730m
750GB HDD
4GB RAM

Mostly going to use it for Work and all that stuff and light gaming - Don't have much time to play games...( Hitman Absolution, Gmod, L4D2, Dirt 3)
3 answers Last reply
More about 640m 730m
  1. The 730m is the better performer and slightly newer tech so all else appearing to be almost equal (and it is cheaper), I would go with that if it was me (especially if they are both ddr3 versions of the chips).
  2. Tibbs01 said:
    The 730m is the better performer and slightly newer tech so all else appearing to be almost equal (and it is cheaper), I would go with that if it was me (especially if they are both ddr3 versions of the chips).

(Well i didnt find it anywhere else) Isnt the i7 3632 much slower than i7 3630? Passmark say its 7,6k vs 7,0k point
  3. There isn't any scenario with either processor where either of those video cards won't be the bottle neck that I can conceive of and for all of your other listed uses I don't think it would be possible for you to see a real world difference in the speed. You will however see real world difference in gaming frame rate increases by going with the 730m (again not a lot), but it should also be a bit more power efficient.

In laptops especially you are almost always better off going with the fastest gpu where gaming is a consideration and all other factors are similar.
Ask a new question

Read More

Aspire Acer Intel i7 Laptops