A question on memory (WD 1tb blue vs black)

I'm trying to decide on the memory for my first build and I'd like you help. I've figured that a Western Digital 1TB HDD working with a Samsung 840 SSD (120G) is the path for me, but should I opt for the Blue or Black HDD?

I'm trying to build a gaming machine, and I'm informed that a higher cache would be better. However, if I have the OS and most common apps on the SSD, does it make that much of a difference. I'm also told that the Blue is more energy efficient, and given that the parts I've purchased so far are guzzlers that sounds attractive. Also, I can't ignore it, where I live the Blue is the equivalent of about $30 dollars cheaper.

If it helps, the pieces I've purchases thus far are a i7 3770 cpu, an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, and a Galaxy GTX670 gpu.

I also have a question about RAM. I live in Korea, so Samsung are the easiest available and cheapest RAM units to me. Would 8GB of Samsung DDR3 RAM be a reliable option for me?
1 answer Last reply
More about question memory 1tb blue black
  1. Either blue or black HDD is fine, but black one can product more heat, and get the lower price blue HDD.

The samsung RAM is good too, because they make a very good SSD.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Samsung Samsung SSD Build Memory Western Digital