Highest Print Quality WiFi All in one for cross platform use...

dbhosttexas

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I am looking to add a printer to my network, and I am looking for the highest print quality, and good scan quality. I was hoping maybe somebody else here has experience with the different models and can recommend a good printer. My requirements are...

#1. Cross platform compatible. Must be able to print / scan to / from Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8, Mac OS-X, and various Linux distributions, particularly CentOS and Ubuntu. I am thinking because of the scan requirement to Linux, which is honestly where 90 % of my scanning takes place anyway, I am probably aiming toward an HP device. But I am open to options...
#2. ePrint compatibility so that I can print to it from iOS and Android devices.
#3. Auto duplexer (automatic double sided printing).
#4. Automatic Document Feeder.
#5. Photo quality printing
#6. Tray paper feeding, no gravity feed (I despise gravity feed printers, I have two of them now, and regret getting rid of a tray feed model that didn't have WiFi).
#7. WiFi connection. 802.11n 5ghz band is available on my network if needed. Backwards compatiblity on the 2.4ghz band is always there...
#8. Reasonable replacement cartridge cost / print life.

I would like wide format printing as well, but that isn't an absolute must have. I rarely do wide format, and if I need to, can take those jobs to Kinkos still...

My leading contender at this time is the HP Photosmart 7520. But I am open to options and was hoping to maybe see if there was something better out there...

dbhosttexas

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I am going to answer my own question here. After dutiful research, and watching prices etc... I opted for the HP Photosmart 7520e. It had full features, and reportedly good support under Windows XP, Windows 7, CentOS, Mageia Linux, Mac OS-X, and works well with Air Print for my Android... Looks like I am good to go...