New Build Troubleshooting Help

daviand

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I have been working on troubleshoot some problems with my new build. When I turn it on, the fans spin but it will not post, and I have not been able to figure out why.

I have gone through all of the steps of the troubleshooting thread, have taken everything apart and breadboarded it with only using the 24 and 8 pin power connectors with only the cpu/heatsink on the motherboard. I have tried 3 different power supplies, and none have solved the problem. From what I have seen, this means that the problem has to be either the cpu or mobo.

I checked the cpu pins and none of them have been bent, and cleaned off all thermal paste and reapplied it conservatively to be sure there would not be any spilling off of the cpu.

I have even tried booting it without the cpu fan to make sure it couldn't be shorting the system or causing any other issues.

My question is, are there any more things I can try before sending the mobo back? Should I send back the cpu also or try sending one back at a time?

Just in case it matters, it is an A10-5800K with an ASRock FM2A75 and PCP Silencer MKIII 400W PSU.

Thanks in advance.

daviand

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

I tried it with the with numerous combinations of RAM and without RAM, and it did not work. I also reset the CMOS and that did not fix it either.