Will Intel Haswell Release Early?

oldfordfreak

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
We know that vendors already have a Haswell stock in their storage though an article from pc pro UK. We know that other European retailers have leaked online pricing. So many z87 boards have been circling youtube, and written about on this site. Have you ever seen this much PR for a June release? Wasn't Ivy Bridge released in April. I hear all of these rumored releases at Computex, but you would think things would start spinning up in late April early May, and not Mid-late March. What do you think?

8350rocks

Distinguished
Personally, I am not an Intel fan, but if you're looking for Haswell, it will probably be out sooner than later...unless intel is just trying to get a global supply out before they open the doors for sales.

Intel is not expected to announce haswell until June. Officially, no one is allowed to release any haswell products until after the official announcement. Failure to do so generally means any and all contracts for further delivery of haswell CPUs would henceforth be voided and nullified.

oldfordfreak

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
This was not about Intel's procedure for punishment of vendors who don't follow policy. This was about the possible early release of the Intel Haswell chips. The word "expected" is the only thing substantive in that paragraph.

I am just debating whether recent news is any hint of an earlier than "expected" release of Intel Haswell chips.

Intel was initially going to release Haswell in March/April, but has decided to push it to approximately June. I believe because there is a major electronics trade show in Taiwan. Additionally, rumors are that the delay is to give additional time to retailers to sell off existing inventories of Ivy Bridge laptops. And the age old argument that AMD does not have anything to threaten Intel's Ivy Bridge.

Intel probably had Haswell ready to ship or already shipping, but like jaguar said, Intel has shown no signs of reversing their decision to delay release to June. this, compounded with the recent articles about intel having trouble with the on board USB3.0 ports and the fact that most vendors still have a stock of Ivy Bridge chips, all seem to further solidify the June release date