Laptop external tv used as monitor cant change resolution.

beruli

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
You have probably heard this somewhere before but i still cant for the life of me figure it out, so i came on here hoping for some assistance.

Windows 7 64bit, ati hd3200

I am using a 21" max resolution 1366x768, tv as an external monitor as the laptop has a broken screen. The resolution on the laptop is 1366x768 when i plug in the TV through VGA it has a res of 1024x768, i cannot change this, when i go into the display settings it changes, screen goes black and then reverts back.

I read that if you unplug the TV while connected it will do a hard reset of the memory and change to default res, i tried this, no luck here either.

I then went into AMD control center and tried to make the change in there, no luck.

Both the monitor and tv are both at 60hz.

This is where i stand, I'm stuck at 1024x768, hoping someone in Toms can help me out.

fbbam

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
left click on your desktop then choose the option which says resolution, then change the primary display to the external display(in this case your tv) after this your reslution should be ok or if its nt you can now change it at e=will