Problem with clock speeds on Core i5 430m

I have an Asus G60JX laptop that comes with a Core i5 430m cpu. The CPU is supposed to run at around 2.3GHz and turbo boost to 2.53GHz. I had been noticing recently that my games were running slower. And then I noticed my WEI score was only 4.1 for the CPU whereas before it was 6.7. So today I ran CPU-Z to see what my clock speeds were. It showed 1200MHz. That's 1200MHz on the core clock speed. I thought maybe it's just running in a low power mode sense it's basically idle. I ran Prime95 and checked the core speed. Still only 1200MHz. Checked the task manager to make sure the CPU was being maxed out and it was showing the usage was 100%.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on? Another thing I haven't mentioned. A while back I did repaste the thermal compound and the CPU stopped working for some reason. I did spill a bit of rubbing alcohol on it but I figured it would be fine. I reseated it several times and it didn't work. I had to run a hair dryer over the CPU itself in order to get it to work again. I didn't use the hair dyer the same day I spilled the alcohol on the cpu. Apparently since then the clock speed has been cut in half. I'm not sure when that happened. All I know is that now it's only running at half of the speed that it's supposed to.

Fixed it. I just reseated my CPU again and now it's running at 2.53GHz. It's working good now. Just my GPU is getting so hot during games still. Even with a cooling pad, fan running at 100%, and a cooling mod to the bottom of the case it's reaching 110 degrees on my games. I don't feel too comfortable with that. I'm thinking about repasting thermal compound and creating my own custom cooling solution.