Installed new Graphics Card, no signal on monitor?

mword23

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
My parents have a stock old Gateway 504GR Desktop. I am trying to upgrade it a bit for them. I put have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 320 1GB DDR3 video card that I put into the cpu. But once i did that, all i get is 2 beeps and no video. The monitor cannot even recognize it. It can't even recognize the old VGA port whenever the video card is installed.
Then when i remove the video card, the monitor connects just fine through the old VGA port. Im typing this question right now on the same computer that im speaking of. So clearly something is amiss with this card. I don't have any other video cards installed either.
I did put in a new RaidMax RX-500AF Power Supply. Also 2GB of RAM a few days ago. Everything is working perfectly WITHOUT that video card installed. I do have the drivers CD for that video card, but I haven't used it because as i said, the monitor gets no signal when the card is installed so i can't do anything until i remove the card.
Any Ideas?

mword23

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013

Everything is normal with the graphics card removed so the cables arent an issue

TRENDING THREADS