PC Stuttering and freezing while gaming

rare

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Howdy guys, I'm quite new here but was told this was a very prestigious forum. I know you guys know your stuff and offer great help. So, anyways I recently built my new PC and everything was running great for the first few days. Just yesterday, I started playing COD4 and was mid game, and my screen freezes, audio started stuttering, nothing was working. Restarted PC, started playing again, and the same thing happened. I was checking my temps, nothing is over heating. My CPU gets a bit hot, but not overheated or anything. By the way, this only happens while gaming. Nothing else. A lot of people are saying it's the GPU. And others are saying the cpu, mobo, etc. I just put it here because of the drop of frames, and freezing. I don't feel like spending anymore money on this thing. So, if you guys could help me out, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks. Btw, here is my speccy just in case.
http://i.imgur.com/JF1ZIxd.png

rare

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
I have a sea sonic 620 watt. And corsair vengeance I believe. It's in a set of 6 sticks to equal 12 gigs of ram.

commando carrotz

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

i know a few models of corsair vengeance where they had 1.65 voltage, intel cores require 1.5v or else it damages the pc, another issue might be the fact that your graphics card is heating up not neccesarily your pc, and i know some people that had the same problem where they had a decrease of fps, it was because of all the junk they had on their pc, if you think you downloaded a lot of things then use cc registry (i think its the name) and clean out your pc

rare

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Yeah, I cleaned the registry a few minutes ago. I'll see how it runs now. But, i'm not nearly as concerned about the fps drop as I am about the freezing thing.

commando carrotz

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Well best of luck!

commando carrotz

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

Then it could be your graphics card problem..... i would find some places where people open up the computer and run tests on it but it could just mean fr you to take apart the computer yourself and try to determine which parts are defective, but that would be my last resort, (I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED TO YOUR PC IF YOU DO DECIDE TO TAKE IT APART i hope you can fix it soon.....i never really came across a problem like this