Problem with new PC build

uehm

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong place. Didn't see a forum for help.

Anyways, I just finished with my first build and all went fine and dandy (except a few stupid mistakes by yours truly).

I turned on the power supply, put my HDMI cable into my graphics card, and pressed the power button. When I pressed it, the case/cpu fans turned on, but still no signal on my tv. Few seconds later, the case/cpu fans turn off, and then another couple seconds later they turn back on. They keep doing this until I turn off the power supply manually. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, I've followed several tutorials on the youtubez. I'm not sure if it's the HDMI cable, or if it's the GPU or whatever it is. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Uehm

E2: Okay, I switched the memory slots and it appears to be semi-working. The fans don't turn off anymore, only when I want them to. The only problem still is the HDMI. My tv still won't ready the signal, even though it's powered on. I got no beeps at all this time even though everything is plugged in.

First, since I don't know what parts make up your build, I'll have to take a shot in the dark by making general suggestions.

Now, for some troubleshooting.

If you can, connect an actual computer monitor to the GPU to see if you can get a display. If not, then you possibly have one of the following problems:

1. Bad RAM
2. Bad GPU
3. Bad PSU
4. Bad mobo

On the other hand, if you do get a display, here are some considerations:

1. Native resolution on TV is beyond capability of GPU
2. HDMI cable isn't good (or not transfering enough data)
3. HDMI port isn't the active input

uehm

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Hi,

this is my PCPartPicker items list:http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Uehm/saved/15Jn

I don't have any other monitor that I can use, and I bought two HDMI cables and both don't do anything.

Is there a certain way I can know what parts are broken? I put my memory on the first slot, beeped four times, fans turned on then off a few seconds later. Did that with slot two, three, and four also. On the third slot I got no beeps, but the fan continued to stay on unlike the other one.

have you tried plugging your HDMI cable directly into your motherboard? If not, try it. If you don't get a display on your tv, try breadboarding. If you need to know how to breadboard, click on the link in my signature. You'll find JSCs breadboarding guide at the bottom of the troubleshooting checklist.

uehm

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

JSC's thread is giving me a 404 error. But I did re-install everything and did an out-of-the-case build and I still got the four beeps.

The g1610 is a new cpu, maybe they haven't added it yet? D:

TRENDING THREADS