Should I get a fan or not? Gamer but not hardcore.

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hey guys.

I have a rig which was made around the end of last year, using some of the old parts I had from my brother's computer (case, psu)

The problem is this, when I have Skype calls for gaming, my friends can hear my fan. I have a 3rd party fan (HYPER 212 EVO) on the right of my cpu, and then I have a case fan on the left. I have tried disconnecting the case fan, which seemed to be the culprit, but then the Hyper 212 EVO had to use 100% power while I was playing BF3 on max settings.

These are my specs -

CPU - i5 3570k
GPU - GTX 560Ti
Fan(s) - Case fan + Hyper 212 EVO
MB - Z77 Extreme4
Case - Antec Sonata III
PSU - Antec Earth 500w

So this is my main dilemma : should I buy a new fan and try to fit it in? Or move everything to a new case?

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Nope.
I'll try to look for one of these in my common stores, ty for the recommendation C:.

The case fan is the source of the sound right?

EDIT: Looked around, Noctua's seem to be overpriced, I need another person to confirm this. There are way too many recommendations in each thread.

xAdam

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
To be honest buying a case such as a Zalman Z11 plus or a coolermaster that comes with the amount of fans already may be a better option for you, the price of a higher end normal case with silent fans is justifiable nowadays.. the price of new fans is about the same, give or take $20

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

The thing is, this is my first build and I don't want to overhaul it too much, because I have a limited total budget and I require friends to help me build it, and I feel like a bother.

I found a Noctua F12 for 30 bux a pop, right now I'm just thinking that its worth it because I can use it in future cases, but I'm doubting to get one or not. I keep on seeing that they're expensive and not worth it but they're really good, I can't see any Scythes in my store (PCDIY/AUBURN MSY).

So yeah, if I can get the fan and people can't hear a whirring fan noise when I'm chatting with them when playing games, it's worth it. I'm just not absolutely sure if this absolutely works.