Sony vegas 9/10/11 wont open due to memory(low)

theguyisback23

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Ok so i tried to open a freshly installed Sony Vegas 9 pro and i had this issue that i had low memory to run and i don't know why.. even sony vegas 11 did this same problem.. the point is that the computer is having 2gb free ram using just 1 gb as seen on task manager and that the program was never had the same issue again.. i tried defaulting vegas settings starting it with ctrl + Shift... i closed every other application and still nothing.. even after one reboot on my pc...
what shall i do?

Sleepyhead Media

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Okay, so you have 2gb of memory installed in TOTAL.
and in sony vegas your only using 1gb?
anyway.
number one: depending on what you have for a CPU and GPU i can't tell you a proper amount of memory you should have, i do know
you should have at least 4gb or ram in total if you want to run programs like sony vegas, especially if you want to
render in Full 1080p.
number two: now if you want to give a little more to the program, go to options in sony vegas and click preferences.
once your there change the Dynamic RAM Preview to 1.5gb - so you would type in MBs (1500MB)
that should give it a little more juice.
number three: extending what i said in ''number one'' you should try rendering in 720p or even 480p, i dought 1gb or even 1.5gb of ram could render a full length 1080p video.

hope this helps - Sleepyhead Media