Unofficial Tom's Hardware Chrome Extension

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Reposting from Site Feedback:

We're happy to announce the release of the Unofficial Tom's Hardware Extension for Chrome!

This extension will notify you of new messages and responses on the Tom’s Hardware forums.

Receive notification of new answers to your threads and incoming private messages on the Tom’s Hardware community. This extension will conveniently alert you as soon as a new message or response is available and will display the relevant links for easy access.

Features:

Alert notification when a topic you are participating in is updated or replied to.
Track unread messages and threads.
Receive notice when you get a new private message.
Easy, 1-click opening of all your topics with new, updated answers.

More Information:
Extension is secure and doesn’t store your username or password.
Just log in on Tom’s Hardware so that the extension can access the information on your threads.

Get the US version here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/toms-hardware-my-threads/nddbmgcnelmmhlfibkmfnhnfeccaliip

Get the UK version here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/toms-hardware-uk-my-threa/mgcjmndhglkgjijpkogikbimefoiceno

Please post any questions you might have about the Tom's Hardware Community Extension for Chrome here. Additionally, if you have any compatibility issues or feature requests, please also be sure to include those here in this thread. You can also post bug reports if you encounter any while using the extension.

Thanks!

~ The Tom's Hardware Community Team

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
The link for Private messages link seems to be wrong, The link on the extension is www.tomshardware.com/communaute/messages,

Shouldn't the link be: "www.tomshardware.com/community/pm" ?

brisssou

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hi Xyloriuphon,

well spotted, I just corrected this issue, the link will be the correct one upon extension update.

Thanks again !

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

No problem, just here to help :D

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Might be one for Firefox at some point, that's a great suggestion!

And no, TenPc, the presence of the extension doesn't imply removal of any current standard site element, to answer your question.

brisssou

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
Hey guys,

David Parker is complaining about some slowness here.

First, I do hope he will see this post, so I may help him, and he could help me find why it is slow.

Second, do anyone else find the extension slow those days?
I did't update it in weeks, so I find it strange that it gets slow...

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

I dont really see any slowness while using it... Though, Sometimes it does take a few seconds to load.. (1-2 s) You do have to have the cookie for your login though...