Problems with my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisonbrah

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hi guys, back again.
So now we are onto a new problem, I have had my current pc for just a few weeks and im starting to have certain problems with its power.

To start last night I shut down my pc around 11 pm and came out of my room to go grab a cigarette before bed, when I was grabbing my cigs from kitchen the pc just booted up. WTF? So I shut it down and forget about it. Today when I woke up my wife told me she was cooking breakfast and the computer turned on by its self. Ok now im getting worried, would could be causing this. I feel like ive searched through any and everything and have no viable solutions.

My other problem is that when I go and hit shut down, not sleep, not hibernate but shut down, it shuts off, the kicker here is if I click my mouse or keyboard the pc turns on. And no it is not just waking up, it is rebooting and starting up from an off state.

Any help would be great. Im not sure if this is windows problem or bios setting.

A few more things before I go to hopefully eliminate a few suggestions you might have. In the bios the keyboard and mouse power option are disabled. Their are no alarms set in bios that could be turning it on.

Open to trying anything. Thanks in advance.

Solution
In Device Manager, check the power management settings for your Mouse and Keyboard also. I assume since you checked BIOS already you also checked Wake on LAN, Wake on Timers, etc?
Status
Not open for further replies.