CPU for Professional 3d work

spacenfeel

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Hello all.
Want to build a CUP only to work on design applications like Revit 2013, AutoCAD 2012, CS4, 3DS Max, Rihno & Grasshopper. Basically BIM and NURBS based modelling softwares. Sole purpose is to smoothly run all of these applications sometimes multitasking. Not for gaming at all.

I want to go for i7 3770k with quadro 600(this i'll purchase couple later along with a new monitor), I have 1tb 7200rpm seagate baracuda, Acer 19" LCD (i wish to keep it for now), DVD RW, APC 600KVA UPS, Logitech keyboard mouse.

For above given hardware config please suggest me the best MOBO, RAM, cabinet with PSU and a monitor 22" (monitor i'll buy later). My budget is 25K (excluding monitor).

Your opinions will be much appreiciated.
Thanks..

8350rocks

Distinguished
Asus Sabertooth Z77 MoBo

For modeling software, you'll want something like Crucial/Corsair/Kingston DDR3, at least 1600 MHz cas 9 or better. and you'll want a minimum of 16 GB of RAM, I would recommend more if you can swing it.

For a case, you'll want something with a fan on top, coolermaster and thermaltake and a few others have them for decent money, but you'll need to push some serious CFM in the case to keep it cool while you're running under heavy loads.

PSU, I would go with Corsair or Cooler Master or Antec, and pick something with 80 Plus Bronze or better efficiency. You'll want something around 600-650+ Watts for your PSU depending on what all you're running and what GPUs you're using. (You may need as much as 800W or more if running multiple high end rendering cards).

For a monitor, Acer/Asus make some decent ones that are affordable...but the sky is the limit here...look for something with a low refresh rate...(Less than 3 ms)

TRENDING THREADS