Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba Satellite L300 issues

Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
March 22, 2013 11:36:03 AM

Ok my laptop was running fine until yesterday, where it froze up and then restarted, when it restarted it stuck on the windows loading bar and would not continue from there. I tried doing automatic repair and restore points but neither would work, (i appear to have lost the install disc the laptop came with), but i tried the toshiba hdd and os restore but was presented with the same error. So then i attempted to install linux ubuntu instead to make sure the hdd was working properly, however this install failed. I then swapped the hdd with one i had laying around from an old laptop and then i tried installing ubuntu again but no success :/  any help guys?
My laptop is a toshiba satellite L300 and was initially running windows vista.
a c 249 D Laptop
March 22, 2013 1:16:24 PM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
March 22, 2013 1:52:34 PM

I am currently running the hdd as a second in my desktop computer will attempt to format etc that way
March 23, 2013 7:34:51 AM

Just for future reference i formatted the hdd using it as a second for a desktop and then proceeded to install a OS in the same way and then replaced it into the laptop and it worked.
!