AMD Phenom II X4 970 Overheating

Natsu Dragneel

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I use the Corsair H60 for cooling the CPU and no, I don't use the 2013 edition, I use ol' one. The temps used to stay under 55C while running Prime95, now it's over 65C.

I've tried re-seating it, applied new thermal paste, cleaned the radiator but to no avail. I don't know what's the matter with this piece of crap, I use an H80i for my Intel Rig and it's awesome.

Also, is the Corsair H60 inferior to CM's Hyper 212?

8350rocks

Distinguished
You might want to try the 212, I have always had good luck with CM fan systems.

Also, have you checked your H60 to make sure it's still flowing through the line well? I have seen cooling systems break down over time, especially with clogged lines...I don't know how old your build is, but that could easily be the culprit...and the good news is that's a $20 fix...as opposed to something more costly. Air cooling is probably more than efficient enough for what you're doing unless you're way OC'ed.

Natsu Dragneel

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Thank you for replying.

I haven't OC'ed anything yet. Also, I don't mind spending another 80$ for cooling, so is there anything from CM that's better than the Hyper 212? I've heard that there's not much difference between the H60 and the Hyper 212. In fact, I had a Hyper 212 before, and it used to keep my CPU under 54C. I was only using 1 Fan, so maybe it could keep my CPU under 51C with Two Fans.