Processor Fried ?

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Well i was using my PC a few days ago and it just shut down, i turned it on again but it was showing nothing on my display, so i opened and saw that the processor fan was spinning, i took the fan and the CPU out, but how can i know if it was the processor that fried or the fan so i can buy the right replacement ?

The processor is an AMD Phenom II X6 by the way, the fan was the stock one.

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

Power supply is working fine the fan still spins, now how can i be sure about the motherboard ?

logainofhades

Titan
I have had power supplies that would light up and spin, but still were bad. You would need a different PSU or have someone test yours to know if that is the case with yours. Motherboard, you would need a known working CPU to try out in it.

executor18

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Are you using a dedicated graphics card? If so try removing that and use the one built into the motherboard (if you have one). Try checking cables etc. One other thing is to remove the cmos battery for a while. G'luck

Nicolas145

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

My motherboard doesn't has one, that explains the lack of VGA or DVI slots on it, the proccesor wasn't fried at the end, it was just a whole complicated graphics card-cable problem, check my new thread to see the problem, because i still have it.