Trouble Downgrading [upgrading if you ask me] to Windows 7, wont boot after install

G

My mom bought a laptop with windows 8 on it and its absolutely horrendous, I have tried start8 and classic shell, neither can take all the of the stupidity out of windows 8, she is no techy so navigating Windows 8 for her is non-existent. I was able to get windows 7 to install but it will not boot, i get a BSOD 0x000000a5 error with CSM enabled and it boots straight into the BIOS with CSM disabled, secure boot is also disabled. I updates the BIOS for good measure, also no luck. I would rather use Ubuntu or OSX than Windows 8 or just about every other OS. I have downgraded other computers to Windows 7 with no problems but this gives me problems, it seems like its physically unable to run windows 7

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X401A/#overview This is the model, I have the Windows 7 version and I absolutely love it, its hard to believe everything could have gone so wrong when both share the same exact motherboard and same hardware, same processor, just a slightly different BIOS and a different OS. The Windows 7 version just flies, I was so happy with it that I bought an SSD to make it that much better, the Windows 8 version blows, even bone stock its sluggish

G

well it was able to boot off the install disk just fine after diabling secure boot and the rest of the install went just fine but on that final reboot that would take you into your first session thats when i got the error, same thing happened a while back the first time i attempted it

G

do I have to make a UEFI Windows 7 install disk or something?