Sign in with
Your question

i3 3225 vs i5 3450

Last response: in CPUs
March 22, 2013 2:06:16 PM

Hi there
I'm setting up a low power build, but I'm not sure whether I should go for more cores and less graphics performance (ie the 3450) or give up on 2 cores and go for a more powerful IGP.
I mostly do programming and sometimes use photoshop and illustrator. Maybe other times some video editing/conversion. But mainly programming oh and of course surfing and messing around.
What would be the benefits of choosing one over the other?
I don't think I'll be adding any gpu in the future, not in this build at least..

I was even tempted on getting the i3 3220t. That would an ultra low one, seen that the pc will stay on the most part of the day... But I don't know really.. well I'm here to get some advice, aren't I?

More about : 3225 3450

a c 680 à CPUs
March 22, 2013 3:07:22 PM

You will probably want to go with the i5 in this case. @ idle they use very little power.
March 22, 2013 10:13:35 PM

logainofhades said:
You will probably want to go with the i5 in this case. @ idle they use very little power.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah true i forgot that there's idle power. So you'd rather have morecore than some (slightly?) faster igp for pretty much the same price range

Anyone else?
a b à CPUs
March 23, 2013 3:03:13 PM

Yeah go with the i5 you won't regret it. If your not going to be gaming then the slightly better iGPU won't do you much good anyways. And if you start to game, then buy you a 90$ HD 7770.
!