Is there any point of getting Haswell?

RageSaul

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Ok, so I am bit of PC newbie but in about 6 weeks I'll be buying all the parts for the PC i'll be building. Its going to cost ~£1000 ($1500 I think) but now I see that a new kind of intel processor will be released, haswell...

I don't want to wait like 2 months to build the PC because of haswell. Is there any point of waiting for it? I'll be happy to buy it if it comes out within 6 weeks.

It would feel like I would be missing out on the new stuff that just came out after I got the old stuff.

Thanks guys

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Haswell seems focused more towards IGP performance and power saving. If it's a gaming machine you are building Haswell probably isn't going to be anything outstanding. Of course it will beat Ivybridge but I think it's only something like 10% and they will be more expensive due to the fresh release.

RageSaul

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

True, I might just get Ivy Bridge. Do you know the release date?

I wouldn't bother waiting personally, Haswell looks like the typical 10% performance boost over Ivy, nothing to really get excited about. If you need/want the performance now, go ahead, make an Ivy rig and be happy.

RageSaul

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Yeah, I guess your right. I'll be building with the 3570k i5 which should be enough.

Thanks everyone :)

TRENDING THREADS