Obama Visit to Israel and other countries

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
bah oui, "naturally"...
It is not so "natural". There are other countries and i have to remind you that they talked about Turkey, Palestine, Iran and others...

Another visit during which, while Obama timidly attempted to talk about peace process, Netanyahu's government has looked straight in the eye and told him they were going to build new illegal settlements.
Another visit during which, Obama, for good figure, announced that he will extend military agreement (3 billion per year) beyond 2017.

Beneficial?
For Israel, yes.
For peace in the Middle East and for your finances, no.
For clowns of the caliber of Barry Rubin: a victory.
For the Democrats, I do not understand what could suggest that the trip would be a good idea. And do not talk about the discussion between Netanyahu and Turkish prime minister. Israel has FINALLY agreed to apologize, putting his conditions; and this discussion would never have occurred if the situations in Syria and Iran had been different.

Speech in Cairo in 2009 is a distant memory.

riser

Illustrious
Ah, coming from the French guy who's own State is in disarray. I like the outside point of view, truly I do.

Obama didn't do anything good in Israel. In fact, it would have been better off if he stayed out of it completely.

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

I don't get the connection with my country.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
He kissed the ass of BN. That was it and screwed up any type of relationship between Israel and Palestine.Not really recognizing Palestine at all as a separate state.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Its a difficult situation to say the least, Israel is one of our most important allies yet the international community is starting to favor a palestinian state.

The thing is no one can really understand the situation Israel is in. For the most part they have enemies or unstable countries all around them. Not to mention that Iran wants to wipe them from the face of the planet and is developing nuclear weapons.

Is war with Iran inevitable?

Imagine yourself proclaiming the right to self defense, where that self defense comes at a high cost, where using that self defense ends up with the deaths of innocent people, and people only focusing on the innocents, ignoring the rights of those who are simply trying to defend themselves, and them being labeled as butchers, callous people.
Sounds familiar .....
Here, often the innocent arent innocent, on one side, on the other, theyre often ignored as meaningless.....