Is my pc dead?

cyberkungen

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
hey. today at the first day of my holiday (friday) my pc got a little wierd. at first when i hitted the power button. the pc turned on and off a couple of times. then after about 5 tryes the pc booted up. but after starting it it got stuck in the starting windows screen. allso i saw that the red lights i have in my pc dosen work annymore. i thouth that they were broken or something. after trying to reboot the computer a couple of times couse it got stuck. i saw that for each time i turned on the computer a fan stopped working. after about 5 minuttes trying to get the pc to work. allmost every fan in the computer allso the front case led's dosent work annymore. i thouth it was the PSU so i did some reseach and tested some stuff. but the fan in the power supply still runs with the components plugged in to it or not.

XFX Raedon 7950
I7 3770k
Corshair 600Wat
MSI B75MA-P45
CM Storm trooper
H60 CPU cooler

cyberkungen

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
i cant get another PSU but i tested the voltages with a tool. it dosent say the voltage though it just lights red if it comes power. i tested the front pins conecters and other molex plugs etc. and they gave power. dosent say how much though

You described a problem that most likely is caused by a PSU failure. You'll need to test it properly or try a different one. Even an old 300W PSU with a 20-pin power cable is enough to determine if the issue is with the PSU or not. If POST is successful, then you know where the problem is. Another possibility is a short, but that isn't very likely.

cyberkungen

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
i plugged in my speaker. and nothing happend no beeps no nothing the pc just as normally used a few tryes to turn on and then got stuck in the starting windows screen :(

You refer to the internal speaker or piezo connected to the motherboard? If the system attempts to boot, then it may be the motherboard, but that still doesn't prove the PSU is working fine. Based on your original post, I still recommend that you try a different PSU.

cyberkungen

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
my friends only got PSU's with much lower voltage then 600. and the nearest shop/ it guy is miles away. and allso returning the products for checks is most likely not an option due to it will take around a mounth to send find the issue and get the parts back. isent there anny other way of finding out if the parts are broken?

A 300W PSU is more than powerful enough to test the motherboard. You don't have to run benchmarks. If the system boots, then you know your PSU is defective. If you get the same issues with another PSU, then the motherboard most likely is at fault. If you borrow a PSU, why not also borrow a GPU just in case yours is causing the issue? You need spare parts or appropriate test equipment to determine what's wrong.

cyberkungen

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
the pc do boot. but it gets stuck in the starting windows screen. dose that mean that the PSU is the fault and the motherboard is fine?. if so do i need to get a PSU with higher wats next time?

cyberkungen

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
it dosent allways boot. it turns on and off a couple of times. and then turns of but only 2 fans are spinning and non of the leds are working. there is normally red led lights in the case and allso on the power button and on other buttons on the case. non lights up. allso the 2 front fans dosent work, and allso the top case fan dosent work.

cyberkungen

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
ok. so tonight i gave my computer one last chanse and it delivered :) the pc turned on and im writing this from the computer. the leds and fans are still not working though and i had trouble getting the keyboard and the mouse getting to work. its only my 2 CPU fans and my 2 GPU fans that are running atm. thats the only fans/leds working right now. and i doubt 3 fans and the front pannel lights and a 2 meter long red led strip just broke in a matter off 5 hours xD when the pc wasent even turned on and was completely standing still

cyberkungen

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
ok iwe done several restartsand the pc seems like its ok now. but the leds and the fans are still not working. dose this mean that the power supply cant handle that much power?