Looking for a new reliable HDD

lewis ellis

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
Sadly my 2TB Caviar green WD HDD broke today causing me to lose around 800Gb of data. Most of the important stuff was luckily backed up to my external hard drive and all my games can be recovered through steam.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone could recommend a new HDD for me that would be reliable and wouldn't break like the last. Preferably I would like at least 1TB of space and for it to be available on amazon uk.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Unfortunately, all hard drives from every manufacturer will fail sooner or later - it's an unavoidable consequence of the way they are built and the way they function. I've actually had much longer-lasting drives from WD than any other brand in my 20 years of using and upgrading computers. You should consider an SSD drive perhaps, if you want better reliability, although the capacity you want may be out of your reach financially (£400 + for a 1TB unit).

lewis ellis

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

Thank you for the reply but the main problem that I've had with the fact that it's broke is it broke after only 2 months of use. I am considering getting a small SSD to boot from and then a storage HDD.