Why is my system not exceeding 100 FPS in games?

I noticed that my computer is not going beyond 100 FPS even though it can... I'm curious as to why its doing this because I have a 144hz monitor that allows me to go further.

Games like WOW, COD and Crysis 3 are stopping at 100 FPS. I'll zoom my camera all the way in and look at the ground or a simple object and it will spike up a little over 100 fps and then drop back down to or around 100 fps.

Anybody know what is causing this and how to fix it?
6 answers Last reply
More about system exceeding 100 fps games
  1. Maybe your system is not powerful enough to reach above 100 fps in those games.
  2. you are whining when crysis 3 is not running over 100 fps ..?

nothing is ever enough =/
  3. Even 60 FPS is perfect for smooth playing, why are you worried about 100? And you did not list your system specs, so no way to know anything with what you wrote.
  4. hang-the-9 said:
    Even 60 FPS is perfect for smooth playing, why are you worried about 100? And you did not list your system specs, so no way to know anything with what you wrote.

I came here for problem solving. My system is powerful enough to exceed this FPS (im not just referring to crysis 3). I have a 144hz monitor and If i can get up to that FPS I dont see why I'm being limited.

My question is what could be putting a CAP on my FPS in games? Is it built within the game, or is it something on my software/driver side?
  5. I hope you have set the games themselves to 144Hz in in-game settings. Sounds like they all think the max is 100Hz, thou it should only be doing this if you have vsync enabled...
  6. Do you lower your settings to low and see what the FPS hit? If you do that, it'll put all the stress on the CPU and reveal if the CPU is a bottleneck (which a lot of games will) or if there is some sort of limiter or improper hz setting.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games FPS Graphics