Sign in with
Your question

The Sims 3+ Running Inquiry

Last response: in Video Games
March 23, 2013 9:41:12 AM

I'm simply curious and have been searching through these forums and google to figure different configurations for the Sims 3 to run at it's highest settings with all current stuff packs.

I am in the process in building a gaming rig and so far I am lagging pretty heavy with max settings, I can run Crysis but Sims 3 I just have to put up with lower settings. I'm looking for some insight, not criticism, but insight as to what I may be missing. If it's a hardware upgrade I may need to do, then throw it at me. I have warranties on all my stuff.

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel i5
MOB: Asus Maximus V Gene
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 Corsair
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti
HDD: I have both Sata and SSD and have tried installs on both, bothe same quality. Prefer the installs on Sata due to space issues naturally.

Things that I have tried:

I really don't believe in boosters, but have tried Iobits and haven't seen any improvements. (Shutting down programs that run in the background does help, sometimes. Only reason I tried)

I've adjusted settings left and right, and I'm stuck with lagging real bad if I take them high. I have to deal with a majority of settings being low.

I've tried fresh installs of all the software.

I'm generally tech savvy and not sure if it's something I've done wrong, but I am a huge fan of Sims and have been playing forever. Just felt it's time to be able to get the max out of the settings. As mentioned throw stuff at me and I will buy, install, or remove! Pretty flexible I suppose. lol Enjoy Ladies and Gentlemen!

More about : sims running inquiry

March 23, 2013 11:25:59 AM

I'm running sims 3 + all packs + mods and no issues. Look at my signature for my PC specs.
!