Best GPU for epic gaming and hobby 3D rendering

Dubbstepp

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Hello dubbstepp here! You may have seen me posting about my builds and asking for help but sadly...I haven't bought them since my needs have been changing and my budget and the availability here in my country (Philippines). But since I am having a 3 month vacation trip to the USA (New Jersey area) I am planning to FINALLY get the desktop parts. What I actually need now is the right GPU for gaming, photo editing and 3D rendering. Before I have planned getting the GTX 680 4gb but sadly, there were many feedbacks about the GTX 680 getting bad crashes and lags with Blender and other 3D modelling software (If this is not true then please comment below.) so now I am thinking of getting the Sapphire Toxic 7970ghz, since it has great gaming performance and enough vram for rendering. Although I am not quite sure if it could be great for 3D modelling/rendering software like AutoCad, Maya or Blender. I hope any of you could help me with this problem and I hope I could get the build right away! Thank you for your help.

Oh and btw, this is a link for my build (No GPU choice yet) just clarify anything if it has to be changed for what I need and with a budget of at least $1900 ( Which is for gaming, photo editing and 3D rendering.) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LD8W

*Note: I will be using Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator.
Then I wil be playing games like DOTA 2, BF3, Crysis 2 and GTA 4

lloydloo

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I'd say just get 2x sapphire hd 7970 ghz edition(not the toxic one) because in tom's review of the hd 7970 toxic, they don't give much improvement over 3gb hd 7970s.

Dubbstepp

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

So this gpu setup would be good for what I need (Rendering and gaming) right?
Well by the looks of it, It looks great for what I need! Thanks for the help bro!

Btw, if 2x7970 ghz has the same price as a 2x GTX 680 and just $100 less than the GTX Titan, would it be better for me to buy the GTX 680 sli/ GTX Titan? I am quite concerned about overheating in my system.

lloydloo

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I would still say 2x 7970 ghz editions would be better than 2x 680's cause they are faster than 2x 680s and I would never recommend the titan for its outrageous price. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that you need at least a 750 watt psu for 2x 7970s.