i5 3570 (Ivy Bridge) Temp increasing unusual ?

denzy2612

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Good day !

I am using an i5 3570 (IB) with a Corsair H60 Hydro cooling Sys
-I installed 2 fans to 2 faces of the Radiator, one will push the hot air from the radiator outside and one will pull the hot air to the radiator.
However the last month it seem to be nice with max CPU temp (when playing Tomb Raider 2013 with max setting) was 45-47C. At this point, the standby state (doing nothing with the Pc) the average CPU temp was 28C.
But now when I play Kingdom of Amarlur: Reckoning, CPU temp is reaching 50-52C. At this point, in the standby state, average CPU temp is 34C.
In my place the weather is getting hotter, but just only about 5-7C higher outside.
So I would like to know is this ok or my H60 is having problem ?
Thanks!
(Sorry for my bad English)

ryanhmusic

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009

Sounds like the ambient temperature increase would account for your increased CPU temps. Those temperatures are well below scary range though so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I haven't taken a thermodynamics course yet but from what I understand, heat is linear - if outside temperature increases 5º, then the CPU temps will increase linearly = +5º.

Someone please let me know if I'm wrong - I haven't gotten a chance to study it yet even though it interests me but I think that's correct.

Your temps are fine, wouldn't be concerned with them at all.
The increase in temp is likely due to the higher ambient temperature.

@RyanH
From what iv observed on my own rig, the relationship between Ambient and Idle temperatures is fairly closely linked, dont know if its a linear relationship though. Ambient doesnt have as much of an effect to Load temps, but its still noticeable.

Generally on a well configured custom water loop, you can expect a ~10°C difference between Ambient and Idle temperatures. Load will come down to the components and blocks used.