New build problem, CPU fan/heatsink

Amaze904

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
My CPU/heatsinks are causing a very loud and unbeatable vibration. I've been reading and a few hinted at something called mechanical resonation. Though I'm not entirely sure how to fix this.

I don't even want to turn my pc on because of this and am tempted to dish out too much money for a damn water cooling solution.

I've tried adhesive tape and helps a little bit, but not good enough. Only thing that relives it completely is physically putting my hand on it and pushing a bit in some spots.

It's a CM v6 gt and the case is a thermaltake ms-I cmdr snow.

Thanx

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It may be a fan out of balance. Or poor bearings. You don't need to go to a water cooling solution just to fix a vibrating fan. If the fan isn't replaceable, simply replace the whole cooler with a different one.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You don't have them countering each other, do you? Both are blowing in the same direction, right?

Amaze904

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Either, I can switch em and the they stop the vibrations only if one of the two are unplugged- I keep the one on because it is faving the exhaust vents on the top of the case.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Strange. It is like they are creating turbulence between themselves. Are they matched fans, running at the same RPM? I would try swapping them around and see if that makes any difference. Also, remove them from the cooler and verify that the air is actually moving in the direction of the arrows on the fan housing. They may have been miss-wired at the factory.

Amaze904

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
They are matched fans- there is no marked direction for them to be facing stangly- I'm trying to RMA them, but I doubt they would let me keep this until a new ine is sent with a deposit or something - I don't really want to have wait two weeks for a CPU fan- but I may have to unfortunaly